KQED is the leader in providing community-supported alternatives to commercial media for audiences in Northern California. It used on-premise Atlassian applications to enable software development, but wanted to accelerate deployments and reduce costs by transitioning its workloads to the AWS Cloud.
iTMethods leveraged AWS’ Jira Data Migration framework and provided implementation services in order to migrate KQED’s existing on-premise instances (including Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Fisheye, and Crucible) to the AWS Cloud.
This has enabled KQED to:
- Achieve an eight week deployment time to production while adhering to rigorous security standards.
- Reduce deployment and migration costs by 50%.
- Decrease ongoing run costs (AWS usage included) by 65%.
- Accelerate its cloud adoption journey, realizing a threefold improvement in time to value for its teams and migrating new instances in weeks and months instead of months and years.
AWS featured this success story in a recent article, which we encourage you to read. Click here to view it.
As an APN Partner, iTMethods is dedicated to powering your success and providing services and solutions to help you take full advantage of all that Atlassian applications and the AWS Cloud have to offer. Contact us today to find out how our experts can help you accelerate your cloud journey!
Read more from iTMethods:
- iTMethods Recognized for Atlassian Workload Migration at AWS Re:Invent [Video]
- Why You Need to Care about DevOps
- iTMethods Achieves AWS DevOps Competency Status